Son of Founding Doobie Brother Patrick Simmons will Open Select Dates This Spring and Summer
Nashville, TN… Patrick Simmons, Jr., son of Doobie Brothers co-founder, Patrick Simmons, will open select dates for the iconic band this spring and summer. Pat Junior is currently in the studio working on a new album with his father at the helm as producer. The multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter, will be performing original songs from his upcoming project scheduled for release later this year.
“I’m stoked that I have the opportunity to tour this summer sharing my music, my stories – real stories, of Aloha, of inspiration, love, and awareness. I feel grateful to share the journey with my father and my “road ‘ohana”, my road family, who have watched me grow since birth,” adds Patrick. “Life on tour is nothing new for me. I love the people I meet and the places and cultures I get the privilege to encounter and learn from along the way.”
Simmons describes his music as a mix of folk, blues, jazz, reggae and acoustic rock — a little bit Jack Johnson and a little bit Bob Marley. “More than anything, I try to share experiences through each song. Each one has a life and story behind it. They are all true stories; things I see and feel. I come from a background of life in nature, surfing, hiking and farming. So it’s a laid back Hawaii style, where my joy of living comes through my joy of singing.”
Spring/Summer Tour Dates Supporting The Doobie Brothers
+ w/ Don Felder
* w/ Gregg Allman
June 3: Humphreys Concerts by the Bay – San Diego, CA
June 6: Greek Theatre – Los Angeles, CA +
June 13: Ironstone Amphitheatre – Murphys, CA w/ Los Lobos
June 16: Les Schwab Amphitheatre – Bend, OR
June 20: Edgefield – Troutdale, OR
August 19: Blue Hills Bank Pavilion – Boston, MA *
August 21: CMAC – Syracuse, NY *
August 22: Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook – Gilford, NH *
August 25: Artpark – Lewiston, NY
August 28: PNC Bank Arts Center – Holmdel, NJ *
• Pat Simmons Jr. is a cancer survivor with an incredible story to tell that is inspiring and uplifting.
• He uses his music to express his messages about living in balance with the environment and creating peace and love in this life.
• Currently writing and recording songs for his debut full-length album.
• In addition to opening for his father’s legendary band Pat has shared the stage with many other well known artists, including The Wailers, Boz Scaggs, Chicago, Willie Nelson, Jack Johnson, Dave Mason, Buddy Guy, The Turtles, Little Feat, Kenny Loggins, Los Lobos, War, Tower of Power, Xavier Rudd and many others.
• He is a multi-instrumentalist whose talents include Djembe, Didgeridoo, wooden and steel flute, acoustic guitar, and the very first instrument he learned to play, the Ukulele.
• When not on tour or recording music, Pat resides on the island of Maui working on his family’s land in their organic garden as well as surfing, swimming, hiking and fishing.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/PatSimmonsJr
To purchase tickets visit www.DoobieBros.com
About Pat Simmons, Jr.:
Pat Simmons Jr. grew up in a dual world, both on the road with his father’s band The Doobie Brothers, exploring concert halls, and at home being a kid exploring the rugged Redwood coastline in Northern California. He moved with his family to Maui, Hawaii at age six. There, Pat was raised close to nature, around waterfalls and waves, immersed in Hawaiian culture. Maui has developed in him a powerful sense of love and respect for the land and the traditional native stewards. In 2012, Pat received a degree in Ecology from The Evergreen State College. He now spends most of his time on his family’s land on Maui, gardening, living a purely organic lifestyle and spending as much time as possible in the water surfing and swimming, and exploring the forests and uplands of Haleakala.